The Affordable Art Show is now accepting art submissions from area artists who would like to sell quality pieces of art, priced at $500 or less in this year’s show. Submissions can be made online. All art must be submitted online by 5 p.m. on Friday, November 18.
There is no size limit for individual pieces. There is also no limit on the number of pieces that artists are allowed to submit. However space is limited, therefore the show guarantees each artist at least one item to be exhibited. All other work will be rotated into the gallery, as space is made available as pieces are sold.
Artists can drop off their registered pieces on Tuesday, November 29, from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. Unsold art must be picked up after the event on Thursday, December 1, from 7:30 to 8 p.m.
Here are some things artists need to know in order to be successful at this year’s show:
- Only work that is submitted online will be accepted.
- Consider submitting artwork priced in a range of low to high prices for best sales.
- Work on paper must be framed behind glass or plexi. Only work that is properly framed and hangable will be hung.
- Drawings or prints that are unframed may be shown in plastic envelopes, however the artist is responsible for providing appropriate bins or display for the work.
- All 2D work must be labeled with artist’s name, title and price. 3D work (including jewelry) must be tagged. Pieces not labeled will not be displayed. These labels MUST match the submissions made online.
- Artists must insure their own work. The Paducah Arts Alliance is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged art.
- This year’s artist commission will be 40%. This amount goes to cover the cost of hosting the event, with all profit going to the Paducah Arts Alliance, a non-profit arts organization in Paducah.
- Jewelers should consider providing boxes for their pieces.
- Artists should consider bringing business cards to insert with purchased art.
- Work must be dropped off and unsold work should be picked up during the specified times. Any work not picked up by 8 p.m. on Thursday, December 1, will be donated to a charitable cause. If the artist cannot drop off or pick up the art during the scheduled times, arrangements can be made in advance. The Paducah Arts Alliance and the Yeiser Art Center are not responsible for storing unsold artwork.
The Affordable Art Show will be held on Thursday, December 1, from 5 to 7:30 p.m., at The Yeiser Art Center, located at 200 Broadway.
All profit from the event goes to benefit the participating artists and the Paducah Arts Alliance (PAA). For more information on PAA, go to paducahartsalliance.com.
This year’s show is brought to you by the Paducah Arts Alliance, Artisan Kitchen, Inkwell Creative Media, Rosemarie Steele, Paducah Printing, Nikki D. May, Artist, and the Yeiser Art Center.